We’re here to help our members find financial solutions, this includes assisting them when they are impacted by financial hardship.
The most important thing to remember is that communication is vital – don’t stick your head in the sand – we can not be of assistance if we are unaware of your situation. It’s really important that you call us to let us know what’s happening before things progress too far and restrict our ability to help.
We can work with you in a number of ways:
- We will treat your request confidentially and with respect.
- We will ask you to provide us with financial information, so we can assess your situation.
- We always encourage you to keep making whatever payments you can, while we are considering your request.
- We will help you determine your short term as well as your long term plans.
- We will not default your credit file while we are considering your application or request
- We will help provide you with other options, if we are unable to progress your request.
- If we agree on a plan to assist you, we will confirm this in a letter to you.
- If we are unable to assist you, we will advise you promptly in writing.
- We may refer you to a financial counsellor in appropriate cases (subject to availability).
If you are experiencing financial difficulty, please contact us today on 1300 426 728 so we can discuss your situation and help you work towards a solution.
"I write to express my gratitude for the exceptional service you continue to provide. Not only are you professional and highly efficient – you also manage to do it with brilliant friendliness and authenticity. You have made the acquisition of my new home seamless. I bought my first home with your finance in 1996, have traded homes 4 times since the first and your service continues to impress."
Drenka, Glebe NSW
8 March 2013